Saturday, July 31, 2004

I still can't see my blog, I've given up on trying to, as long as I can still up-date this site, I'm happy.

But anyway! The first phase of the summer school (July) is now over, and it really wasn't that bad :). I was busy, but I'm alive!

The second half of the summer madness, August, is set to be much easier too as the school kids (the majority of our customers) head back to school earlier than normal this year and can't enrol on month-long courses for August. This means we have fewer lessons during the day and our schedule as a whole lightens up. Hurray :)

With all this new found time on my hands I'm trying to decide what productive activities to get up to in the day. The grand plan is to learn more Chinese (I've been here 2 and a half months, and the language learning is really not going very quickly... maybe I should start *trying* (clever)).

ARTICLE!
Running onto something else: The article that some of you know I've been writing is finally about to be published online, yay, tomorrow :) They're running it as a two part feature for the website I'm writing for. Half of my article will be published in Aug (American time), you can see this first half in this month's issue at:
www.insideoutmag.com

The second half of teh article will follow in September's issue. Obviously it's been through the editor's hands, so changes have been made but I like it. However, I'm not sure how much sense it will make to anyone else until the second half of the article comes out, let me know what you think!

For those who haven't seen me in a while, my hair is also somewhat longer than in the picture on the website too (small pleasures ;). Those photos I promised long ago, of the mountains - plus more, will finally be coming out (when I find a good, free, web-based photo hosting service - I ran out of space on the last one).

Time to find some food...

P.S. Belated Happy Birthday to Dad and Uncle J over the past few weeks!
Loadsa love
Cath xxx


No comments: