Sunday, August 08, 2004

One week down of August. Ok, the light-hours that I thought I'd be teaching this month are a little higher than I expected, but still, they're not bad.

Otherwise, I'm finally over my bout of food poisoning from about two weeks ago. As unpleasent as it was, it has undeniably helped me manage my ever-mounting ice-cream-addiction, which was starting to create the beginnings of a possible weight issue.

Anyway, possible problem solved... hahaha. What can I say? I'm still a girl, and girls can generally see the 'bright side' of the occasional food poisoning episode...

Seriously, hmm. I can't gossip on this site anymore, too many people have free access to reading it now. Oh well... what CAN I say? Err, Happy Birthday Margo!

News? Tomorrow (Monday) is my day off, yay. So I'm off to indulge in what I do best at the moment - go sit and have coffee and cake. I'm going to have a bit of an exploration tomorrow: I'll be straying from my usual coffee-drinking holes (Eversun Coffee or The Vine) and I''ll have a coffee at the Hoi Tak hotel (argueably the best hotel in Urumqi - it's either the Hoi Tak or the Hong Shan). That is my grand plan for the day, I can't be arsed to do anything else.

Oh, I also finally mopped my flat today (tragically, this is news). It's the second time in the short lifespan of the sixth-floor-flat-under-the-care-of-Cath that the place as been mopped. Yes, it was needed (thanks Mike H for the first mopping). I've come to the conclusion that not only is mopping is good... but it isn't quite as hard as I thought... (I had reckoned that the filling of buckets, the trying not to mop yourself into a corner, the sad futile-feeling when you think you're only just sloshing around grey water without achieving any hygine goals, made mopping a depressing activity worthy of procrastinating against).

Not true. Ok, my cleaning job might not win any hygine awards, but it looks fab now.

Hmm. I'm talking about mopping... I've really got to get myself another more covert blog where I can gossip non-stop.

Otherwise - doing well! Alive! It's raining here though - and rain here always confuses me immensely. Am I living in the desert?

Also, my toliet is backed-up. This makes me sad, as well as being rather inconvinent (I can't spell, this is sometimes inconvinent too). I blame Brooke. Tomorrow the plumber will arrive... thank god.

Oh, I've also been informed that my article won't be online until next month... I think. Ahh, it's the same site. Check it then... I don't really understand...
Loadsa love
Cath xxx

No comments: