Saturday, July 17, 2004

Hello all -

The internet in China has pretty much stalled for the month of July... hence why I haven't been psoting or emailing recently. It's been a while, I know...

Urumqi had the hottest day for 25 years yesterday - 41 degrees. Everyone continues as normal however. Today feels much cooler - at 35 degrees; it's dry, so it really is alright at 35 degrees. 41, however, felt liek you were walkign into a blow dryer everytime you left a building.

THA FLATMATE ARRIVAL!
Brooke has finally arrived, and Stan has moved to a new apartment across the way. Brooke a great - but I haven't had a chance to really sit down and speak with her as my work scedule is filled to the brim.

DRIPS...
I was ill the other day and ended up needing antibiotics. Now, nothing major normally, however, this was my first experience with Chinese hospitals and doctors. China is obsessed with drips - the needle in your arm pumping away kind. I've had three drips in the past half-week. MADNESS - these are the Chinese equivalent of doing a short course of antibiotics, except instead of swallowing a couple of pills every 6 hours, you lie in a little clinic (which are abundant and all over the city) and doze while you're needled up once a day. It's actually a nice excuse to have a two hour nap, adn is apparently more effective than pills (in the west it's just too expensive and time consuming to do it this way). We even had "Return of the King" playing on the TV, for entertainment, during the last session I had.

PAR-TAY
Tonight is Nikolai's b'day (one of the other teachers here) - so it's party time in the 4th floor apartment. Looking forwrad to it, it will be a nice break from pretending to know how to teach... :)
Ooo my class starts in three minutes... I had better move tush.

No time to spell check, sorreeee.

Loadsa hugs
Cath xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: