Sunday, August 15, 2004

Still Saturday - I'm now back from my class, which wasn't such a disaster, had the kids doing some hop-scotch days-of-the-week thing. Trust me, it worked. I was also watching the replay of the Olymics opening ceremony - not at the same time, and no, I didn't go out of my way to watch it either... it was on a TV in the corner at the place I had lunch.

(Suuuuuure it was Cath)

Watching the Olymics makes me wonder what is going on in the world outside (only for a second, mind, I did move out here for a reason. Crazy planet).

I don't see news anymore.

Ok, that's only a half-truth, there is the odd Guardian weekly lying around Matt's house that I read - plus, I have worldy-exposure through sport with the ever entertaining Desmond on CCTV 9.

Anyone who has watched TV in China will, without a doubt, empathise with the morbid-curious pain of Sports Scene (well, really, the morbid-curious pain of Desmond).

So the war's still happening eh?


No comments: