Friday, July 02, 2004

Hi everyone

Email is back on track - yay :)

I have 15 minutes until my next class, so this will be a short one (first class that is completing - which means all sorts of weird ceremonial activities, parents watching, and all sorts of nerve-wracking things which shouldn't occur in the morning... ugh).

ANYWAY! In general news, Mike and Deb have been here for a few days - they arrived on Wednesday. We've been gallivanting off in the mountains, without life risking moments this time. Hurrah. Actually, we found the "right" place to go in the Nan Shan mountain range - and it's absolutely worth it. It really is spectacular - the alpine views, the yurt villages that we live in, the horse riding, etc etc etc. I'll post some more photos up when I have a free moment.

Mike and Deb are off to Kashgar today, but they'll be back to cath-base-camp by next week.

As for me, I've basically been living it up in our mountain yurt, entertaining the guests with my bad singing.... NO, no singing (well, I think Mike was singing somewhere down the line..) but, no, just plain old hosting-entertaining.

Another bit of news, workwise, is that next week is the start of the summer school (eep). Which means working my butt off 6 days a week until Sept. A little daunting, but if we do overtime, we get paid well for it... and it's only 2 months... we'll see how it goes. As a result of that I'm planning a week off around Sept / October... not sure what I'll do yet. I might go over to ChengDu, or try and visit the Northern parts of this province (the chilled out Alpine-y bit). Will keep you all up to date once I can make a decision...

Decisions are hard and frankly over-rated.

Ok, work.

Chat later!
Cath xxx

No comments: