Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Hurrah! I've finally managed to log on.

Right, I have to annouce that I'm thinking of trying another blog site becuase it's becoming way to difficult to get onto this one, no matter what tricks I have up my sleeve. I'll keep you all posted here is I do change my blog site.

In the mean time, where in the world was I?
When did I write last?

OK, I'm assuming that I wrote sometime before the Golden Week holiday. For those non-Chinese / China readers, the Golden Week is 7 days of public holiday celebrating the anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic... or the Communist Party. I'm not really straight on which precisely... but on of the two (perhaps even both??) Eh. Your guess is as good as mine).

News is thin on the ground. However, firstly, my one-time flatmate, Brooke, is now leaving EF Urumqi. She's off, back to the beaches of Indonesia. Things were a little ugly. I need not go into detail.

Secondly... errr. Is there a secondly? Well, I was on holiday, but I cringe at the thought of boring you all with my holiday details. In short, I went to the northern part of the province... oh wait, I think I've mentioned this already. I was in Yili?

Hmm. In case I have mentioned this, let's bullet-form the rest:
- Yili awesome
- North, in the grasslands
- stayed with VSO teachers living in the city
- saw the lake (ooooo, the largest body of water that I have seen in MONTHS)
- had a really great time bumming around with the teachers up there, they're a blast

all in all, good choice.

Right, moving along. Huh. No other news. Susi, the German teacher, is back. I'm really happy about this as she's brilliant, and I'm starting to lose affection for a lot of the Urumqi social living. Hmm, maybe it's just the back to work blues. I hope so.

Still miss diet pepsi. Badly.

Will up-date next when I can.
Cath xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



No comments: