Wednesday, August 11, 2004

OK people, I've been overcome with an overwhelming sense of productivity and desire to communicate. So, from now on (famous last words) I'm going to try and write a little blurb on this weblog daily (except Mondays, becuase I can't be arsed to come into school on my day off).

TIME...
Today is day-lite for me. Only an hour of teaching today (yes, I love being a teacher).

Though I do have odds and ends to do at work. That's all fine, as Matt is out of town, I have quite a lot of time on my hands right now...

(I'm back to square one, where everyone I know is coupled-up and I'm wandering round looking for things to do on my own; or for a stray Urumqi-person who fancies going for coffee).

WORK...
I feel like I've got my fingers in a million pies at the moment.

Firstly, teaching is going well, but this month I have a lot of teenager classes... teenagers who have been sent by Mum and Dad to go learn expensive English. DUDE. They're teenagers to START with, they have attitude regardless, but when they're forced to learn English on top - attitude. Attitude.

And a lot of staring at the floor avoiding your gaze (if only I had the ability to remember their names... then I could pick on them... oh well, one day).

Secondly, There's a lot of admin changes going on. In about two and half weeks half of the team of teachers here are leaving, to be replaced by new-comers. So the teaching schdule and generall settling-in duties are in various stages of chaos.

Somewhere in there I'm meant to be designing a course and starting to create an intranet for the school. Me? Intranet? I know, it's not a pretty concept, I'm sure we'll all fare poorly as a result of this unwise delegation of responsibility.

Right, time to go and loiter in the staffroom.
Apparently there's apple pie somewhere in there...

Cath xxxxx


No comments: